1. Welcome to Proudnaira.com the largest business forum in Nigeria; to enjoy the goodies of this forum you must Login or Register using the Login/Register button above.
    Dismiss Notice

How Profitable is Transportation Business in Nigeria and How to Start

Discussion in 'General Business' started by serome, Jan 30, 2018.

Share This Page

1. serome

serome Administrator Staff Member

Transportation business is another huge money profit business in Nigeria. Over the years transportation business has ever be a good business's and guess what today? Transportation has gone far to a very big profit position in Nigeria.

How Profitable is Transportation Business in Nigeria and How to Start
    innoson-bus.jpg
    At the end of the post you should be able to decide if transportation businesses is worth going into or not. Let me make this post short and straight to the point.

Recently I traveled to my village for Xmas and guess how much from Lagos to my place somewhere in Delta.

I was charge N5000 when I was going and N7000 for my return when fuel becomes high and scarce. On my way back I decided to calculate how much the company or individual that owns the vehicle is making per trip. I first calculated the numbers of seat the bus has and it was 18 seats.

The next thing I did was make 7000 x 18. My calculator gave me N126,000. Heh I didn't know when I shouted out inside the bus. It really shocking to know that people make this kind of money daily.

It time to minus the daily expenses this company may occur. Note that the journey was just 6hrs.

Fuel : N18,000
    Driver food: N2,000
    Total: 20,000

At the first time when we just left the pack the driver bought fuel of N9000 at the time when get o Ore the drive bought another fuel of N9000 that making it N18,000 and then let me say on the way driver may want to eat something which I'm estimating his food at N2,000 total will make it N20'000 expenses daily.

If we minus 20,000 - 126,000 it will give us 106,000. This is to say on every trip the company or individual that owned the vehicle will be saving N106,000 Naira.

Imaging that. OK let's calculate how much his people make per month. We are going to use N106,000 x 30. If your calculator is like mine, what i'm seeing here is = 3.180,000.00 which is 3.1,80m.

Heeeeeyyyyy, mehn I can't stop shouting oh. No wonder GIG known God is Good Motors has grow this huge in just few years of operation.

See how people they make money? And do you know what? Even if you don't have a company or pack yet, you can still start this business. Ask my how? The bus that i entered when returning to Lagos was owned by individual, what he did was registered with a a small company who doesn't have enough buses. When ever he load his vesicle in that pack he will pay N5,000 naira to the company.

In my community there are lot of people whose business it to open a pack travelling to Lagos, the truth is that they don't even have a single bus. They look for drivers who drive Lagos to come and load from their pack and pay a loading fee of 5k. This is another idea of business for those of you wasting your time in Lagos and other popular town and can't eat well. Better start somewhere.

Idea on how to start this business even if you are not a driver or is don't want to be driving the high way is this.

Buy a least direct tokunbo bus of 18 seaters.

I guess it will be around 3m or more depend on your negotiations. Mistake not to make is buying a Nigeria used bus.

Get a driver and pay your drive at least 70,000 and 2k daily for feeding.

This is just one area of transportation, there are other kinds of transportation as well.

Now tell me is transportation not a good profitable business or not?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. Lisa

Lisa Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for for this wonderful idea you shared here. I so much appreciate. If I should ask, would you recommend using direct tokunbo vehicle bus for transportation to far distance?.

3. Andrew

Andrew Moderator Staff Member

This is what we should be talking about instead of country bad and so on. I realized that in what ever condition one find himself he/she can utilized it to income. Fuel scarce and cost see how people are making millions from it.

Thanks Serome for sharing, may God keep blessing you.