1. Welcome to Proudnaira.com the largest business forum in Nigeria; to enjoy the goodies of this forum you must Login or Register using the Login/Register button above.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Start A Mobile Gaming Youtube Channel

Discussion in 'General Business' started by foster04, Apr 16, 2019.

Share This Page

1. foster04

foster04 Member

How would you feel if I tell you that you can make money from playing games on your mobile phone and posting it on YouTube?

Yes, I mean mobile phone. Sounds crazy right but it is true.

Imagine getting paid for those games you play on your mobile phone when you are less busy and still make an insane amount of money from it.

Over the years gaming has become very popular on YouTube and the majority of these channels make 6 figures every year by just sharing their gaming streams and providing tips and tricks for people that are also playing the same game.

When it comes to gaming, people play games on different platforms be it console, PC, Nintendo, Mobile devices and so on.

Though consoles and PC tend to have the majority of views on YouTube but Mobile gaming has also become more and more popular on YouTube as well.

YouTube is considered to be the second largest search engine in the world with billions of active monthly users streaming all kinds of videos.

Majority of the people that visit YouTube go there not just to only get information but to also have fun. Movies, music, makeups, and gaming are among the top searches on YouTube.

Just to tell you how true this is, you can head over to YouTube and in the search bar type in “candy crush” and you see numerous channels that have uploaded videos with some having hundreds of thousands of views and some millions of views.

[​IMG]

After seeing this, I decided to try it for myself so I created my very own mobile gaming channel and started recording the games I played on my phone and to my surprise, one of my videos (Stickman Soccer 2018) got over 6,600 views without me promoting the video.

[​IMG]

I heard to stop because it was not really what I wanted to do but imagine how far I would have gone if I continued.
    You can start yours and grow it to a point where you start making lots of money from it.

I know you are excited now but let me tell you something. Just like every other business venture that takes time and patience to grow the same goes for mobile gaming channel.

It can sometimes take 3 months, 6 months or 1 year before you start seeing results. It took me over 4 months before I started seeing results, in fact, I have forgotten about the channel and one day decided to check something on YouTube and I saw my video has lots of views.

If I have been able to convince you on starting a mobile gaming channel then here are the 3 questions you need to ask yourself before starting.

Ask Yourself “Why You Really Want To Start A Gaming YouTube Channel”

What is the main reason why you have to leave other sources of making money online and stick to playing games on YouTube?

Don’t start a mobile gaming YouTube channel because of the potential it has to succeed so you can make extra money but start because you enjoy playing games.

The truth remains that you will not start to see a good result in the first 2 to 3 months which might be discouraging and you will give up if your only goal is to make money but when you enjoy playing games that will give you the courage you need to continue until you succeed.

What Are My Goals For The YouTube Channel

This is very important as it will help you in setting both short-term and long-term goals. Do you want to run your YouTube channel as a side business or turn it into a full-time business?

Having a goal you keep you in full focus as to what you want out of your gaming channel. Your goal will help you identify who your targeted audience are and where they hang out so you can reach them.

How Much Time Will You Dedicate To Your Channel

It takes time to both play and edit your gameplay before posting it on YouTube so you have got to decide how much time it will take to get a single video ready. This will also help you in determining how many videos you will be uploading on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Once you have been able to answer these questions then here are what you need

Mobile Phone

You don’t have to go purchasing a new phone that you can use to start your gaming channel, with your present mobile phone as long as it is an Android or IOS Smartphone you can use it. Though for this article I would be focusing on Android phones because the majority of people uses it but you can also use this method if you have an IOS device.

Make sure that your touch is working very fine.

Games

Since there are different genres when it comes to gaming which includes action, arcade, racing, sports, adventure and so on, you have to choose where you intend to focus on. This is not to say you can do all.

Once your mobile phone is working well then now its time to start installing the game you want to play. For you to have an upper hand you have to search for games that were just released with not many people that have installed it. With that, you might be the first to upload the game on YouTube.

Recording Apps

The reason why most of the games you play on your phone can’t be seen again is because they were not recorded and you need to record what you would upload on YouTube which is why you need a screen recorder app.

These screen recorder apps help you record everything you do on your mobile phone including the games you are playing in HD.

There are numerous recording apps on the Google play store but I recommend you use AZ SCREEN RECORDER

Edit Your Recording

Once you have finished recording your gameplay, the next step is to edit your gameplay. Editing your gameplay helps you cut out some parts that you don’t want your viewers to see. While playing a game, a phone call might come in or you will have to do something so you can cut off those places that are not nice.

This editing can be done right from your mobile phones. There are lots of editing apps on the Google play store but I recommend you try POWERDIRECTOR or KINEMASTER

Create A YouTube Channel

The fun part about YouTube is that though you can make lots of money using this platform, it is free to signup. With just a Gmail account you can set up and customize your YouTube channel and start uploading videos.

All you have to do is visit youtube.com, sign with your Gmail account and password, on the top right corner you will see an icon with either your image or the first letter of your name, when you click on it, you will see “My Channel” click on it and from there you can customize it the way you want.

When creating a YouTube channel, picking the right name is very key. You want to pick a name that focuses on gaming (mine was 360gamingzone) you can choose any name but make sure it is related to gaming.

Use Thumbnails

This is what people see before clicking on your video and the more clicks you will have will be determined by how attractive your thumbnails are. You need to make your thumbnails as attractive as possible. These thumbnails should include images and texts. There are different apps on the Google play store that you can use and I will share my recommendation below

For editing images I recommend you use ADOBE PHOTOSHOP EXPRESS and for text i recommend you use PHONTO
    For you to be able to use thumbnails on your YouTube videos, you must first verify your YouTube channel which you can do by adding your phone number so they can send you a code.

Upload Your Videos

Once everything is in place and your video is ready, it is time to start uploading on YouTube. Do not wait until you have 3 to 4 videos before you start sharing them on YouTube you can start with one.
    When you are uploading your videos, make sure to use the title of the game and put in a bracket (Gameplay) and also write a short description about the game so people can know what the game is all about.

Promote Your Videos

This is very important as the more people that see your videos the more views you have. Using the right keywords on your uploaded video on YouTube can help bring massive views from YouTube but you can use other means to get traffic to your videos. There are different ways in which you can promote your gaming videos and that includes Facebook, Twitter, forums, Pinterest, Tumblr, and so on.

Bonus

Though YouTube is the best place to upload your videos to start getting views and make money there is another place you can also upload your videos and still make money and it is no other than dtube.
    d.tube is also a video sharing website and also allows you to make money from your videos. You can check out my article on (How to Make Money Posting Videos d.tube)

Related Post
    How To Make Money On YouTube
    How To Start A Product Review YouTube Channel
    How To Start A YouTube Channel That Makes Sense In Nigeria