1. Welcome to Proudnaira.com the largest business forum in Nigeria; to enjoy the goodies of this forum you must Login or Register using the Login/Register button above.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Start Restaurant Business in Nigeria: Steps and How to Get Customers

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ada, Feb 22, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Ada

Ada Member

Good day all. I'm glad to be on proudnaira and thanks to the admin. I want to make inquiries how I can Start a restaurant business in Nigeria and what I needed to start. I'm in Delta state of Nigeria.

How to Start Restaurant Business in Nigeria: Steps and How to Get Customers
    Restaurant Business in Nigeria.jpg
    I want to know how to make the business grow fast and big which is how I can get customers.

I also would like to have complete information on the amount I can use to start a restaurant business in Nigeria. And which location could be best.

2. Joy

Joy New Member

I really want to talk about this business called "restaurant business in Nigeria" but I'm little busy now, I will be back online to give full details here.

3. serome

serome Administrator Staff Member

If you have good cash to start this business then I will consider it lucrative. However you can start small and grow big. But have in mind that the location of tour restaurant has a lot role to play as it determine if you will be having as much customers that can make the business grow or not.
    Another thing is the standard of the restaurant, for a proper build restaurant, people will find it more comfortable coming to your restaurant compare with the rate of poor build up restaurant.

Another thing to consider is the price of food. When your food is affordable customers will likely want to eat from your restaurant, with this your can retain customers that will keep coming. Everyone like cheap food.

Quality of cooking: No one wants to eat poison even for free. To gain customers to your restaurant you need quality cook that will handle things the right way. Make sure your food is not only sweet but has a very good taste. Your cook must maintain good hygiene.

Respect your customers: Respect your customers so they will feel welcome anytime of the day. The way you treat your customers tells if they will return or not. You know that one customer can bring hundred of customers and with one customer millions of customers can go away. So respect every of your customer even if young or old.

Check for down side: Always be in search for what makes your competitors more than tours, what are the new upgrade they made. Be careful not to go into bad thing because of customers or you will live to regret it.

The amount to start restaurant business depend on your budget. One can even start the business with just 10k. The standard you want and your budget has a lot role to play.

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator Staff Member

With less than a million naira (N1,000,000), you can start a restaurant but if you plan on running something bigger and costlier, you will need more than a million naira.

5. Rome

Rome New Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  6. Evawere

Evawere Member

Setting up a restaurant business in Nigeria is not a difficult task. You need to have idea of exactly what you will Br cooking this depends on the location. The steps is easy.

• Go out to check for a shop or space where you can be selling your foods.
    • After getting the place, get chairs and tables for it.
    • Get some plates and spoons
    • Go to market and get what you wants to cook ready. For the start don't cook too much foods.
    • Get a name for your restaurant
    After acquiring all this, make sure you hire expert cook if you are not an expert. Also bear in mind that the easy way to win customers is to make your food cheap. You can make you meat cheap or you food in general cheap. You can read this post that shows how to get customers to your business in Nigeria and how to retain Here
    Let me know if this is helpful.