1. Welcome to Proudnaira.com the largest business forum in Nigeria; to enjoy the goodies of this forum you must Login or Register using the Login/Register button above.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Best Budget Amount of Money to Start Fish Farming in Nigeria

Discussion in 'Agriculture Business' started by serome, Nov 3, 2017.

Share This Page

1. serome

serome Administrator Staff Member

Hello friends and family of proudnaira. For someone of you who have gone into fish family. What is the best budget do you think better to start fish farming in Nigeria?
    fish-farming.jpg
    In addition where think is the best city/state that will best to farm fish in Nigeria, considering the time of sales also and the worth in time of sales? Lets share idea and help those who intend to start fish farming in Nigeria so they won't make mistakes by staring it with lower amount or thinking they need millions before they can start fish farming business.

The request for this post remain what is the best budget amount to start fish farming?

2. Skyro

Skyro Member

If you have been following me lately you must have seen my post where I talk about fish framing. My intention is not to discourage anyone but encourage people who have interest in fish farming. I want to tell you that fish farming is not as easy as you may be thinking. Before going into any business you must first do your background research so you don't make mistakes.

Fish business is profitable but only when you are doing it the right way. Starting fish business you must first look for the buyers, big fish ponds, good amount of money for the feeds, clean water, good maintenance, steady treatment.

Aside all that I have listed above you need good experience to make it in this business, you can't just jump into fish farming because you heard it profitable, if you do I'm sorry to say you might end up loosing too much money.

There are also much to learn such as how to breed the fish for yourself so you don't start looking for where to buy, if I may say the major reason people fail in this business is business of this thing. When you are buying the little fish from people that breed them you might end up getting the wrong set of fish which may make you to loose your money. If you learn how to breed this little fish kids yourself, you will be making huge amount from the business.

For those who want to know how long fish takes before they can be sold, if you are training fish, you only train fish for 3months before you sell them.

In additions, if you want your fish to grow fine and big then consider getting a big space for them and make sure you feed them well. Note that fish cat fish can eat themselves weather they are hungry or not. So the best thing to do is to sort your fish regularly, this is an act of removing the big ones from the small among them. Also not that even if you bought all the fish same day or start training them same time.

Always go for Foreign fish feed called coopens when the fish are still small. You may only use Nigeria feed when the fish has grown up to the stage that they could be sold.

Always make sure you treat the water and regularly. Note that if you are changing your water often the fish won't be sick.

Give your fish food at the right time and never think of starving them for any reason.

Start meeting buyers for your fish after 3months and make sure you sell all of them same day or you will end up using the money you make from some in taking care of the others.

Also sell the small ones among them when selling the big ones, those small ones are known as mellorge and they won't grow more than as they are now even if you waste more money taking care of them.

Seek advice on proudnaira regarding any issue you ate facing with the fish.

If any of the fish die on the water make sure you change the water to avoid spread of disease in case the cause was because of disease or something similar

The amount to start fish farming is from 500k upward.

3. Favour

Favour Member

In my location we have good water and huge space to build fish pond on, but i won't be allowed to dig the fish pond so i was looking for solution how it can be done without having to dig ground for them.
    @Skyro is seem you have good knowledge of fish farming from your reply, i really want to know what possible means can i use? I really like the idea of fish farming.

4. Abubakar Mohammed

Abubakar Mohammed New Member

To make a lot of profit in your Catfish farming business, you need to cut the cost of feeding your fishes and Catfish grown at high densities requires a nutritionally complete feed to produce good growth and maintain good health. I'm a local manufacturer of high quality Catfish floating Feed in Nigeria. My floating pellets are properly prepared with 58 percent crude protein good and well balance fish feed formulation. Available sizes are 0.2mm to 10mm suitable for fingerlings, juveniles, to maturity stage. We offer free delivery nationwide to your farm or doorstep."

Stop buying the very expensive foreign feeds, they reap you off of your profit, the ingredients required to manufacture high quality feeds are readily available here in Nigeria hence my local Catfish feed has a high quality energy source required for growth and maintenance of body tissue resulting in improved weight gains because it is fortified with balanced vitamins, minerals and amino acids plus Stabilized Vitamin C required for better metabolism, skeletal formation, nerves, body fluid regulation and enzymes to yield maximum Productivity.

® CUSTOMER CARE:
    ☎️ 08103953855,
    ☎️ 07035907330.

To see samples of my products, click below:

https://web.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010510728818

ADDRESS: No.33, Oke-ile Street, Ogbogbo Ijebu North/East, Ogun State. We distribute to Sub-distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers and End-users at an affordable price of NGN3,500 per 15kg.©

WE HAVE POULTRY FEEDS, CHICKEN, TURKEY AND EGGS AVAILABLE AT AN AFFORDABLE RATE. WE OFFER NATION WIDE DELIVERY. CLICK ON MY PROFILE TO SEE SAMPLES OF MY PRODUCTS.

5. ujoh

ujoh Member

Hello
    While making money incomes on your fish farming business, see how you can make extra incomes of $100 daily on virta stock trading without you risking your money and your investment visit the website here http://www.virtatrade.com/index.php for more details

6. Davinml

Davinml New Member