1. Welcome to Proudnaira.com the largest business forum in Nigeria; to enjoy the goodies of this forum you must Login or Register using the Login/Register button above.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is More Straight & Sincere In Business Between Igbo's, Hausa's And Yoruba's?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Evawere, Aug 3, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Evawere

Evawere Member

Let's have little fun same time be frank. I'm wondering who among this three Nigeria ethnic entrepreneurs, who are more straight and sincere in business.

Let's here your opinion and why you think you are right. Please don't take it too serious oh, abeg let only the truth be told.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Lisa

Lisa Moderator Staff Member

All of them are good people in business but to be sincere I the Hausa's are more sincere and straight forward.

The reason I say this is that, an Igbo man can buy something of 1,000 naira a want to sell it 20,000 and still tell you that he is loosing in the business. Igbo entrepreneurs, those that sell will give you the stress of your life for what is has already made profit on but Hausa man will just sell it to you as long he made some profits already.

In tens of straight, if you should call an Hausa man about a products availability, he will tell you straight if it's available or not and their yes are always yes. But Igbo man will tell you yes even if the product is not available and stress you there in other to ask you to check others. I think Igbo people uses trick inclusive to gain sales.

For the Yoruba's, though I haven't trade much with them but I think there are little more OK than Igbo's in business. I only dislike the fact that they are embarrassingly. They gets upset with customers though I have seen more improvement from the well educated Yoruba's, but their Yes and No in business I haven't confirmed.

3. serome

serome Administrator Staff Member

I think you are right. Hausa people are alway true to their words. There was a time i wanted i made deposit for cloth with an igbo guy in other for him to keep the cloth for me so i can collect it when i'm done with the payment.To my surprise the day i went to complete the payment the guy said his brother mistakenly sold it to someone when he was not around and he end up persuading me go for something i never wanted because i have no other choice. This has happened to me severally and i have seen them doing it in my present after someone deposited for something the next hour someone came for that same thing, they sold it out and when i ask they said when he come he will take another one that they need money and so.

The fact is that igbo business men are not to be trusted but i believe it not all of them though. I went to get deep freezer at an hausa man shop getting there i find one that really suite my need but unfortunately the hausa man told me that someone has already paid deposit for it that i should check other, i was like wow even if i want to pay you cash? the next thing i heard was " Wallah i can't sell this one to you even if you are paying two time of the amount the person bought it".

The fact about business is be honest. people will still buy from you or use your service. and God will be happy with your business as well.

Lawal Aliyu and Oluchi like this.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator Staff Member

All of us are straight in business but. The only thing you can tell me is Hausa's are always more true to their words.

5. Oluchi

Oluchi New Member

What I See's here is a business strategic. I don't know why you took it that way.